The Noyes OFL250-50 is a 1550nm single-mode OTDR with an integrated optical power meter (OPM), 1550 nm laser source (OLS), and visual fault locator (VFL) in a handheld package weighing only 0.8 kg (1.7 lb). With short dead zone and mid-range dynamic range performance, the OFL250-50 is ideal for troubleshooting dark single-mode fibres in local area, metro area, and FTTX networks.
The OFL250-50 provides automatic and manual setup, precision event analysis, 12-hour battery life, internal data storage, and USB connectivity. OTDR and OPM test ports are equipped with tool-free adapters, which can be changed in seconds.
OTDR test results are saved as industry standard .SOR files, which can be transferred to a PC for viewing, printing, and analysing with the supplied Windows® compatible software.
- Rugged, handheld and light weight
- 1.5 m event dead zone
- 26 dB dynamic range
- Integrated OPM, OLS, VFL
- Tool-free, switchable adapters for OTDR and OPM ports
- Internal storage (>1000 OTDR traces in standard .SOR format)
- High-contrast display is clear and bright in any lighting condition, including direct sunlight
- Transfer test results to a PC via USB
- Rechargeable 12-hour Li-Ion battery or AC power
- Windows® compatible software to view, print, and archive test records
- Locate cable cuts, open or high-loss splices, fibre bends, and high-loss/high-reflectance connections
- Measure optical power (OPM port)
- Short-range fault-location (VFL port)
- Trace fibres and measure end-to-end loss at 1550 nm (working with a Noyes optical power meter)
- Identify fibres (working with a Noyes optical fibre identifier or light source)